Supporting Partnerships in Education Grant Funding Guidelines
The Worcester County Education Foundation grants provide teachers and staff members an outlet for innovative and creative teaching materials and opportunities to maximize learning potential in Worcester County schools and classrooms.
Eligible Applicants and Projects:
- Projects must be planned for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Funds will be available by May 2018 for projects beginning July 2018 and ending June 2019.
- Grant applications must be submitted by individuals or teams of individuals employed by Worcester County Public Schools.
- Projects must include innovative and/or creative ways to meet student needs that are designed to be implemented during the school year or in summer programs. Projects should be new, practical and important to learning.
- Funding for projects already in place should not be submitted.
- Project budgets must not exceed $500.
- Project costs must not include funding for salaries or stipends of Worcester County School employees.
- No grant funding is available for trips to conferences, competitions or contests.
- Grants cannot be used for professional development of staff.
- Projects should supplement, not supplant, school or county budget funding.
- Materials and equipment purchased with Education Foundation grants belong to the school building where they were initially awarded. Special circumstances will be considered by the Foundation Board as warranted.
- Grants will not be awarded to schools/programs that have not completed evaluation reports on previous projects.
Worcester County Education Foundation Grant Committee members choose successful projects based on student needs and how the project helps address school improvement plans and/or school learning goals in innovative or creative ways. Proposals should include specific, measurable objectives and a reasonable plan to evaluate the projects/programs success in meeting those objectives. Principals or Department Directors/Coordinators must approve the project and application before the funding is awarded.
Grant Timeline and Important Dates:
- January 18 – Grant application available
- March 23 – Applications are due by 5:00 pm
- April – Award recipients are notified
- May 15 – Funds distributed for projects beginning July 2018 and ending June 2019
- June 30, 2019 – Final reports/evaluations are due by 5:00 pm
Please submit completed applications by email to Hope Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies may be sent interoffice to the Board of Education, Attention Mrs. Faye Dryden.